Who Needs Detox?
If a person’s body has adjusted to the presence of a substance after using the substance for an extended period of time, he or she will require treatment to minimize withdrawal symptoms.
Substance dependencies frequently develop from following a doctor’s prescription and are not limited to a person abusing alcohol or illegal drugs.
Warning Signs of Dependence include:
- Overwhelming desire to use the drug of choice at a specific time or several times a day
- Attempting to stop using the drug and failing
- Using the substance to cope with problems
- Needing higher and more frequent doses of the substance to receive the same effect
- Appearance of withdrawal Symptoms if a dose is missed or reduced
Withdrawal Symptoms can be severe and include:
- Flu-like symptoms
Withdrawal affects a person physically and emotionally. These symptoms can be reduced during detox treatment with prescribed medications that can be slowly decreased over time. If you display any withdrawal symptoms and are not sure what type of detox treatment is needed, follow the link below for more information.